Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Big Bend Sotol


Title: Big Bend Sotol
Size: 5x7 inches
Genre: Landscape
Medium: Acrylic

Lately I've been painting landscapes. I'd been wanting to paint the Big Bend, Texas area for quite some time, but lacked the confidence. Every year for many years, my husband and I have made a pilgrimage there. I feel a familiarity and a love for that vast, beautiful, desolate, and formidible place. I've finally taken the leap into portraying it, and am very glad. For the time being I'm painting it from photos, but eventually may add plein aire into the mix.

This is a departure from my usual work, but I've decided not to limit myself when it comes to genre, and paint what I feel like painting. I love that kind of freedom.

Here are a couple more of them. Click here to see them at Daily Paintworks.


"Big Bend Window, Back View" 8x10 inches, acrylic



"River Bend" 8x10, acrylic


No comments: