Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wisdom, Tiny Paintings, and Caricatures


"Wisdom, Incorporated" oil on panel, 3.5 inches x 2.5 inches, was accepted into AVAA Membership Show, at Studio 2 Gallery, 1700 South Lamar Blvd., Ste # 318, Austin TX 787204. Show runs July 17 -- August 7, with the artist's reception July 17 from 6:30 pm --9:30 pm. SOLD

Well, I swore I'd never do any more tiny paintings after all those little bitty compositional studies, but you know what? I love doing tiny paintings. So I decided to just keep doing them and fix them up ready to hang or easy to display. This one is mounted on a 5x7 panel painted gold, and framed in a lovely reddish brown plein air frame.

I will be drawing caricatures in Bastrop, TX, on June 17. I'm drawing at "Movies in the Park" at Bob Bryant Park, 600 Charles Blvd., from 6:15--8:15 pm. Artist Kevin Middleton will also be there drawing caricatures. They're free & it's open to the public.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Theresa! I'm so glad you're still painting miniatures. They're lovely.