Pages

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Humpty Dumpty on Ebay


"Humpty in Love" Watercolor valentine 4x4 inches, and ink on medium weight watercolor paper.


Humpty Dumpty is in love with the Red Queen. You can see her initials and his on the wall. However, the Red Queen is married to the Red King, so Humpty's love goes unrequited. Alice is in the background, hiding behind a tree, and the Cheshire Cat makes a sly appearance. Humpty shouldn't trust that cat. He's a gossip.


Available on ebay, with 20% going to Mercy Corps, to help out in Haiti.

3 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Theresa, I love this Humpty Dumpty painting!! When I saw it today it was already sold... I guess I missed the boat..
Have a wonderful evening
Penny

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

This is AMAZING!!! It reminds me of childhood art book illustrations I loved when I was little, I think they were World Book editions for children. I also really enjoy your use of symbolism. Yes, we do have the keys to our 'locks'!! Love it, Theresa.

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Thanks Penny and Camille. Camille it was great meeting you at the art show. Loved your portrait in that show.