Pages

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Frog with Pansies, fun art by Theresa Bayer


Title: Frog with Pansies
Size: 4x6 inches
Medium: Acrylic on Everlast panel
Genre: animals, illustration, fantasy

I've been working on painting faster, and have found that if I paint thin, it's much easier to go fast. This one is a little tighter than what I've been doing lately. Still experimenting with this thinner paint body; maybe I can loosen it up just slightly. I also am enjoying putting glazes over an area, to either knock it back or give it some extra color.

I've acquired what amounts to a whole collection of plastic frogs, and used two of them for the frog in this painting. The column is from a clay model I made, and the pansies from a photo I took.

Contact Theresa Bayer

1 comment:

Christine said...

lovely whimsical work!