Pages

Monday, August 06, 2012

Schrodinger's Cat Always Lives, experiment # 3


 #"Schrodinger's Cat Always Lives," 6x4 inches, acrylic on panel, genre: fantasy. SOLD.
The cat is holding an infinity loop, meaning that cats always survive experimental boxes. This box is very experimental indeed, with a face, and topped by an owl. A dragon lurks in the background. The cat dangles a key from his tail.

This piece started out as an experiment with ink on the panel but it didn't work. The painting wanted to be a normal painting, and you have to respect what it wants. Conclusion: ink is for paper, at least for me, and I will be doing some more ink/paper collages on canvas.

3 comments:

Coreopsis said...

I know what you mean about certain things wanting to be a certain medium. I'm really ready to move in some new directions, and already there are disasters, but I think I have to move through them in order to learn what I can do with the new stuff.

This is a marvelous little painting (all of them are). I love the idea of it (bravo for declaring that the cat is always alive), and the cat's wild expression, like he doesn't quite know where he is or how he got there.

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Thanks for your comment! The artwork will always tell you what it wants, and if you go along with that, it's like the way opens up, the wind is at your back, and you're guided to good results.

RoseAnn Hayes said...

Congratulations on your DPW sale! Hope you have many more very soon!