Pages

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Halloween Ghosts Redux Acrylic Painting

"Ectoplasmic Tangle" 5x7 Acrylics on 5x7 stretched canvas
Click to bid
Two ghosts communicating, which is done with their ectoplasmic hair. In case you ever wondered. As witnessed by 3 cats and a pumpkin.

This is an acrylic version of an aceo I did in 2008. 5x7 is the same proportions as an aceo so basically it's the same format, twice as large as the first version. I like the idea of new versions however next time I do it I will change the format. There are some things I like better about the earlier one; and some things I like better about this one. But changing the format is a good idea because I found myself too dependent on the old composition; kept fighting off the desire to reproduce it. However, it's still a good little painting, IMO.

The sides are painted and it doesn't need framing, just a wire and the back. So it's ready to hang.

No comments: