Pages

Friday, October 01, 2010

Bird Absurd Fun Art Original Painting

"Bird Absurd" 6x6 original painting, acrylics on 6x6 Everlast panelThe cat is thinking, "O Bird, you are absurd, and yet I might just take a bite."

When I switched from from using outlines to using solid form, I found it challenging to retain a sense of whimsical expression in my Fun Art. This one is successful in that respect, I think. This painting has lots of glazes, and is very luminous, which contrasts nicely with its whimsical flavor.


1 comment:

Coreopsis said...

Marvelous whimsy, indeed! I really like the expressions on their faces. It does seem more what you'd expect from an "outline" drawing, but I think the whole thing works beautifully. I really like what you do with colors (the blue in the bird's legs with the blue of the sky and worked into the grass and cat and everywhere).